Matching Grants Program Cycle Opens in Durham County
Durham, N.C. – The Matching Grants Program of the Durham Open Space and Trails Commission is accepting applications from nonprofit organizations in Durham City and County. The grants are available to assist selected nonprofit organizations with their efforts to preserve open space lands and promote new or improved recreational opportunities for citizens. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance to a local Land Conservancy organization in acquiring an environmentally significant natural area in Durham County.
- Assistance to a local Scout Troop to clear and build a trail on publicly owned lands.
- Assistance to a Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) to upgrade play equipment at a local elementary school that is used by the community.
- Assistance to a local recreation organization to build a disc golf or other recreation course.
- Assistance to a local organization previously funded by a Matching Grant to add additional improvements or recreation opportunities to an existing location.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Grant guidelines and applications are available online at www.dconc.gov/openspacegrants
For project specific questions and more about the grant process, contact Brendan Moore, matching grants administrator for Durham County, at (919) 560-7957 or email email@example.com.