Board of County Commissioners’ Regular Session Highlights from February 26th
Durham, NC – The Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) met at 7 p.m. on February 26, 2018, in Regular Session. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Board Chair Wendy Jacobs called the meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- The Board acknowledged the achievements of the graduates of the Bull City YouthBuild Program which serves 16- to 24-year-olds seeking high school equivalency and/or job skills. In addition to successfully completing the 36-week program, graduates released a book entitled – Blueprints: Rebuilding Lives and Redesigning Futures: A Collection of Essays and Poems from BCYB Students.
- The Board authorized the Tax Administrator to begin advertising the 2017 tax liens for delinquent accounts in the month of March as dictated by state law. N.C.G.S. 105-369 says tax liens shall be advertised from March 1st through June 30th.
- Durham County Commissioners appointed members to the 2018 Board of Equalization and Review and set compensation rates for the period. Members are David Smith, Chairman; John W. Perry, Vice Chairman; Stephanie Gaither-Harris; Tonya Kemble; and David Williams
- County Commissioners held several Public Hearings: Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendment; Compact Neighborhood Interim Affordable Housing Bonuses; Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendment: Technical Updates Regarding Sedimentation and Erosion Control with State Legislation; Zoning Map Change-Red Mill Quick Stop; and Zoning Map Change-Lumley Road Industrial.
- Commissioners made the following Boards and Commissions appointments:
Boxing and Wrestling Commission: Marian Dilahunt-Andrews, Jonathon Leach
Environmental Affairs Board: Donald Addu
Firefighters Relief Fund Trustees: Jeffrey Wolfe
Public Health Board: Mary Braithwaite, Stephen Dedrick
Women’s Commission: Aquarius Anderson
Board meetings are cablecast live on Durham Television Network (DTN) on Time Warner Cable Channel 8 or AT&T U-verse Channel 99. To view the agenda and recording of the BOCC Regular Session Meeting, visit the BOCC’s Web site.
The next work session of the Board is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, 2018. For more information about BOCC meetings, contact the Clerk to the Board's Office at 919-560-0025 or email email@example.com.