2017 Meeting Dates
January 24, 2017
March 28, 2017
May 23, 2017
July 24, 2017
September 26, 2017
November 28, 2017
The Durham County Criminal Justice Partnership Advisory Board was established in 1995 as a statutory requirement to participate in the state-local Criminal Justice Partnership Program grant process. The enabling legislation for the Criminal Justice Partnership Advisory Board, Article 6A of Chapter 143B of the General Statute, was repealed in June 2011 as part of HB 642, the Justice Reinvestment Act of 2011.
The purpose of the Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (CJAC) is to develop a comprehensive continuum of services for the adult criminal justice system, identify services gaps, and develop intervention strategies and comprehensive solutions. The CJAC is advisory in nature and has no authority over any public or private entity.
• Reduce the demand for County jail beds,
• Reduce the number of Durham County residents in state prison facilities,
• Develop a continuum of programs, services and sanctions that provides options to the criminal justice system,
• Pursue initiatives that are respectful towards victims, offenders and the community,
• Pursue funding for initiatives through grant opportunities and requests to local and state government.
|Meeting Date and Time||Bi-Monthly, Fourth Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.|
Criminal Justice Resource Center
326 East Main Street
Durham, NC 27701