Please make your selection from the menu on the left.
● The EcoChallenge is an opportunity for Durham residents to demonstrate our commitment to the environment by completing daily actions to reduce our collective impact. It runs from October 11- 25 so sign up today! Join the Durham Community team by clicking here and earn points for getting your friends, family, and coworkers to sign up! We'll be competing with the teams from all over the country, so let's get started and show the world how committed we are here in Durham to making the world a better place.
How it works:
1. Join the Durham community team
2. Choose your challenge(s)
3. Set goals
4. Take action for two weeks, each action earns points towards our Durham team total
5. See the impact
We have special prizes for the first 50 people to post an action either (1) in the "Share your Thoughts about the Challenge" section of your dashboard or (2) on social media and tag @GreenerDurham (make sure any Facebook posts are marked "public" so we can see them). Questions? Feel free to reach out to the Sustainability Office at 919-560-7993.
● The Durham City/County Planning Department and Preservation Durham are collaborating update Durham’s Architectural and Historic Inventory. A series of community meetings are planned where residents can learn how to input information into the Open Durham website to assist in collecting robust data for the inventory and sharing their stories about Durham. The drop-in style workshops will take place from 6-8PM as follows:
*June 15: Durham County Library Southwest Branch, 3605 Shannon Road
*September 21: Durham County Library South Branch, 4505 S Alston Road
*November 2: Durham County Library East Branch, 211 Lick Creek Lane
For more information, contact Lisa Miller at 919-560-4137, ext 28270.
● The Matching Grants Program of the Durham Open Space and Trails Commission is accepting applications from nonprofit organizations in Durham City and County. The grants are available to assist selected nonprofit organizations with their efforts to preserve open space lands and promote new or improved recreational opportunities for citizens. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Grant guidelines and applications are available online, click here. For project specific questions and more about the grant process, contact Brendan Moore, matching grants administrator for Durham County, at (919) 560-7957 or email him at email@example.com.
● We invite you to tune in to Cable TV Channel 8 and AT&T U-verse channel 99 to see rebroadcasts of Durham County Commissioner meetings as well as other Durham County programming that may be of interest to you. Please contact the Public Information Office at 919-560-0008 or visit our webpage by clicking here
● Durham County needs you! If you have a few hours to commit, Durham County has a number of boards and commissions that can benefit from your participation. We invite you to make a difference in our community. Contact the Clerk’s Office at 919-560-0025, visit the County's Boards and Commissions page by clicking here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.