Durham County provides several methods that allow you to work from locations other than your office. Office 365 enables access to your email, calendar, and other features within the Microsoft office suite. To access, go to the Office 365 sign-in page (you can simply use a search engine and search "Office 365 log-in") and use your DCO email address.
Remote Access is useful when you need to work within SAP. To access Remote Access, open an Internet Browser, type https://durhamcora.dconc.gov
You may be asked to download F5 plug-ins, if so, please follow the instructions on the screen.
Once the F5 plug-in is installed, you will get the screen below:
Login with your County username and password: EX: Username = jdoe Password = your county password:
Once logged in you will get a screen similar to this:
You may click on any of the icons and it will open each application.
You cannot open SAP Portal and One Click VPN at the same time; you have to close one before opening the other one as you will get an error similar to the one below:
To close either SAP Portal or One-Click VPN, go to the lower right tray of your computer and find the F5 icon, it will look something similar to this; right click on the F5 icon, select Restore:
The screen will look similar to this; click on Disconnect. Once you disconnect, you will be able to open One-Click VPN now. (If One-Click VPN is open and you need to open the SAP Portal, you will follow the same steps indicated above).:
If you need to connect to your desktop, please see the instructions attached.
If you need to connect to your desktop, you will first click on One Click VPN, then you will double-click on the icon you created from the attached instructions. Once you are connected you will be able to use all the applications on your computer.
When you are finished using the F5 VPN, click on Logout to disconnect
HERE ARE SOME TIPS & LINKS THAT CAN BE USEFUL
EMAIL ACCESS: If you only need to access email, you don’t have to log into the F5 VPN (remote access); just open an internet browser and type the following link: https://outlook.office365.com. You will enter your county user ID and password.
QUARANTINE EMAIL: If you want to check your quarantine email you don’t have to log into the F5 VPN (remote access); just open an internet browser and type the following link: https://filter.dconc.gov. Enter your county user ID and password.
SAP PORTAL ACCESS: If you will be working from your county laptop or remote access to your county desktop; use One Click VPN rather than the SAP Portal link on your F5 webtop. Using One Click-VPN gives you access to all your County resources; and you can use the SAP icon on your computer desktop to access SAP.
- What is the web address for remote access?
- Open internet explorer and type this URL: https://durhamcora.dconc.gov
- How do I log into the F5?
- Use your Durham County username and password as you would log into your computer
- What do I do if I get an error trying to download the F5 plug-in?
- Contact the IS&T Service Desk by calling 919-560-7000 (during office hours 7:30 am – 5:30 pm) or send an email to ISTServiceDesk@dconc.gov or use the IS&T Self Service Center on the intranet
- What does One Click VPN mean?
- Using One Click VPN give the user access to Durham County resources as if they are at work or on the County network. One Click VPN will map the user’s home, share and co-wide share drives to the computer they are using for easy access. If you are using a Durham County laptop, you can use any shortcuts or applications as if you were at work.
- How do I access email via remote access?
- You do not have to use remote access to view your email.
- If your email has moved to Office365, you can go to this website directly to access email: https://outlook.office365.com, then enter your County user ID and password
- If you are still on the County email system go to this website: https://webmail.dconc.gov, then enter your County user ID and password
- How do I access the SAP portal via remote access?
- You should see an icon on your F5 desktop link, just click that link and it will open a new window for the SAP portal, enter your SAP user ID and password (please note that you cannot use SAP portal and One Click VPN at the same time, you will get an error message and will have to close One Click VPN before opening the SAP portal link).
- If you are using a Durham County laptop and are using One Click VPN, then just click on the shortcut on your desktop, enter your SAP user ID and password
- Can I access my quarantine email via remote access?
- You can access your quarantine email by going directly to this link: https://filter.dconc.gov, then enter your County ID and password
- How do I access my home drive via remote access?
- Click on the One Click VPN icon, once this has completed, go to My Computer and you should see your home drive mapped as H
- How do I access my share drive via remote access?
- Click on the One Click VPN icon, once this has completed, go to My Computer and you should see your department share drive mapped as S
- How do I access the county wide share via remote access?
- Click on the One Click VPN icon, once this has completed, go to My Computer and you should see the county wide share drive mapped as W
- How do I connect to my computer at work?
- You must be granted permission by your supervisor to gain access to your computer if you don’t already have permission.
- You will need to know the name of your computer before completing the next step
- Click on the One Click VPN icon, once this has completed, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Remote Desktop Connection
- Remote Desktop Connection opens, enter your computer name
- You will then be asked for your County ID and password
- Now you have gained access to your computer
- You may want to save your computer information so you don’t have to enter it each time, to do this when the Remote Desktop Connection opens, type in your computer name, then click on Show Options, click on Save As, you will be prompted to type the name you want and save (recommend saving it to your desktop so it is easy to find for the next time)
- Once you have saved your remote desktop connection to your computer, all you will need to do the next time is to click on One Click VPN and double click your remote desktop icon and enter your County ID and password.
- Why am I getting the following error message? An Application Tunnel window is open which is preventing your requested item from opening. Both cannot be open/running simultaneously. Close the Application Tunnel window and try your request again.
- You cannot have SAP and One Click VPN open at the same time, you will need to find the F5 icon on the lower right hand side, right click to Restore and click Disconnect
- Your will then be able to open the other Application without error
- How can I find the name of my computer?
There are two ways to find the name of your computer
- You may have an icon on your desktop labeled Computer Name, double click the icon and it will give you your computer name
- Right click on Computer icon on your desktop, then select Properties, you will see Computer Name