VISITATION AT THE DURHAM COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY
Welcome to the Durham County Detention Facility. The facility offers in-person and video visitation at the facility at no cost to detainees or visitors. Follow these quick and easy steps to schedule your next visit.
1) REGISTER ONLINE – Before you can schedule your visit online, you must first register to create an account. You can register online or at the kiosk located in the lobby of the detention facility.
2) ACCESS THE INTERNET – To register online, visit https://durhamcountync.gtlvisitme.com
3) COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM – Fill out the required information including a valid email address. If you do not have a valid email address, you can obtain an email address at no cost by registering with any of the following email providers: Google, Yahoo, AOL, and Outlook.
4) SAVE YOUR VISITOR ID & PASSWORD – It’s important to keep your visitor ID and password secure and accessible when you need it. Online scheduling won’t work without the visitor ID and password.
CLICK HERE to view the brochure for online visitation
- All visits must can be scheduled at least two days in advance but no more than six days in advance.
- All visitors must sign in 15 minutes before their scheduled visit.
- All visits must be canceled at least one day in advance or it will count as one of your visits
Anyone checking in more than 5 minutes past their scheduled time for visitation scheduled time will be cancelled automatically by the GTL system. We have no control over the cancellation of these visits.
VIDEO VISITATION – More Visits, Another Option
The Durham County Detention Facility now offers video visitation, another option for friends and family to connect with their loved ones who are in custody. Video visitation does not replace in-person visitation and it is free. Visitors interested in trying video visitation can register and schedule their visit in the same way they schedule in-person visits.
VIDEO VISITATION SCHEDULE
|Monday||9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:30PM - 5:00PM
|Tuesday||9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:30PM - 5:00PM||All|
|Wednesday||9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:30PM - 5:00PM||All|
|Thursday||9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:30PM - 5:00PM||All|
9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:30PM - 5:00PM
IN-PERSON VISITATION SCHEDULE
|Monday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||5A 5C 3CN|
|Tuesday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||
5D 4A 4B 3AS
|Wednesday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||
4D 4C 3AN 3B
|Thursday||6:00PM - 7:30PM||3CS 3D 5B|
10:00AM - 12:00PM
5A 5C 3CN
|Saturday||5:00PM - 7:00PM||5D 4A 4B 3AS
10:00AM - 12:00PM
4D 4C 3A 3AN 3B
|Sunday||5:00PM - 7:00PM
||3CS 3D 5B
- All visitors 18 years of age and older must have a valid identification. Identification can be in the form of:
- U.S. Government, State and Local Government issued ID cards
- U.S. Passports
- International passports
- Student IDs
- Visiting sessions shall last at least twenty (20) minutes for a regular visit.
- A person under the age of eighteen (18) may visit an inmate only if accompanied by a parent or guardian who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is responsible for the juvenile.
- Persons not listed on the inmate's visitation list shall not be allowed to visit.
- An inmate shall be allowed up to three (3) visitors per visitation period and (1) visitation period a day.
General Mail Address
If you wish to send general mail ONLY to an inmate, it must be sent to:
P.O. Box 771
Durham, NC 27702
Include the Inmate’s first, middle and last name; and ID number.
Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED at the above mailing address.