Timothy "Dwane" Brinson
Administration Bldg. II
The Tax Department is responsible for:
• Listing real and personal property
• Assessing real and personal property
• Maintenance of property maps
• Property ownership changes
• Collection of current and delinquent taxes
• Room occupancy taxes
• Fees associated with solid waste
• Fees associated with county owned parking facilities
• Issuing Beer and Wine License
Begin new interest rate on delinquent taxes. G.S. 105-360(a).
- Date: 10/03/2017 (all day)
Transferred from Sunday, October 1. Begin new interest rate on delinquent taxes. G.S. 105-360(a).
§ 105-360. Due date; interest for nonpayment of taxes; discounts for prepayment; interest on overpayment of tax.
(a) Taxes levied under this Subchapter by a taxing unit are due and payable on September 1 of the fiscal year for which the taxes are levied. Taxes are payable at par or face amount if paid before January 6 following the due date. Taxes paid on or after January 6 following the due date are subject to interest charges. Interest accrues on taxes paid on or after January 6 as follows:
(1) For the period January 6 to February 1, interest accrues at the rate of two percent (2%).
(2) For the period February 1 until the principal amount of the taxes, the accrued interest, and any penalties are paid, interest accrues at the rate of three-fourths of one percent (3/4%) a month or fraction thereof.