Timothy "Dwane" Brinson
Administration Bldg. II
The Tax Department is responsible for:
• Listing real and personal property
• Assessing real and personal property
• Maintenance of property maps
• Property ownership changes
• Collection of current and delinquent taxes
• Room occupancy taxes
• Fees associated with solid waste
• Fees associated with county owned parking facilities
• Issuing Beer and Wine License
Assessor begins to advertise 2020–21 listing period. G.S. 105-296(c).
- Date: 12/20/2019
Transferred from Sunday, December 22. Ten days before January 1. Assessor begins to advertise 2020–21 listing period. G.S. 105-296(c).
§ 105-296. Powers and duties of assessor.
(c) At least 10 days before the date as of which property is to be listed, the assessor shall advertise in a newspaper having general circulation in the county and post in at least five public places in each township in the county a notice containing all of the items listed in this subsection. If the listing period is extended in any county by the board of county commissioners, the assessor shall advertise in the newspaper in which the original notice was published and post in the same places a notice of the extension and of the times during which and the place or places at which lists will be accepted during the extended period. The items that must be included in the notice are:
(1) The date as of which property is to be listed.
(2) The date on which listing will begin.
(3) The date on which listing will end.
(4) The times between the date mentioned in subdivision (c)(2), above, and the date mentioned in subdivision (c)(3), above, during which lists will be accepted.
(5) The place or places at which lists will be accepted at the times established under subdivision (c)(4), above.
(6) A statement that all persons who, on the date as of which property is to be listed, own property subject to taxation must list such property within the period set forth in the notice and that any person who fails to do so will be subject to the penalties prescribed by law.
(7) If the county has provided for electronic listing of personal property under G.S. 105-310.1, a statement that the county allows electronic listing of personal property and the timetable and procedures for electronic listing.