ATTENTION! Durham County Government is closing most offices to the public effective Monday, March 23, 2020. To read the detailed release about the closing, visit our news section at dconc.gov or click here.
Message from Tax Administrator Dwane Brinson
Timothy "Dwane" Brinson
Administration Bldg. II
The Tax Department is responsible for:
• Listing real and personal property
• Assessing real and personal property
• Maintenance of property maps
• Property ownership changes
• Collection of current and delinquent taxes
• Room occupancy taxes
• Fees associated with solid waste
• Fees associated with county owned parking facilities
• Issuing Beer and Wine License
Governing board must make tax levy by today.
- Date: 07/31/2015
Transferred from Saturday, August 1: Governing board must make tax levy by today. G.S. 105-347.
§ 105-347. Levy of property taxes. Each year – not later than the date prescribed by applicable law or, in the absence of specific statutory provisions, not later than the first day of August – the tax levying authorities of counties and municipalities shall levy on property rates of taxes, not exceeding any constitutional or statutory limits, necessary to meet the general and other legally authorized expenses of the taxing units. (1939, c. 310, s. 1400; 1971, c. 806, s. 1.)