Board of County Commissioners' Regular Session Highlights from February 12th
Durham, NC – The Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) met at 7 p.m. on February 12, 2018, in Regular Session. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Board Chair Wendy Jacobs called the meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- The Board acknowledged several recent awards received by the Durham County Library and Friends of the Durham Library. The Library received the Service Innovation Award from the North Carolina Public Library Directors Association for its Downtown Library Without Walls Initiative. The group also named Carol Ann Walters and Jane Goodridge Library Friend of the Year for their years of work as co-chairs of the Friends’ book sales.
- The Board approved a budget ordinance amendment recognizing First Presbyterian Church’s contribution of $8,000 and SHIFT NC’s contribution of $2,000 for Durham County Social Services. Funds will provide emergency assistance for housing and utilities and for medical services to youth.
- Durham County Commissioners approved six new positions for the Child Welfare Division of the Department of Social Services. The request was made due to a staffing shortage that impacted the required caseload standard resulting from new state legislation.
- The Board approved a resolution supporting NCDOT Project to resurface a portion of Page Road between Chin Page Road and TW Alexander.
- The Board voted to authorize the County Manager to enter into a contract with Management Advisory Group International to conduct a comprehensive Classification and Compensation study for the County. Funding was budgeted and approved by the board in the FY 17-18 budget.
Board meetings are cablecast live on Durham Television Network (DTN) on Time Warner Cable Channel 8 or AT&T U-verse Channel 99. To view the agenda and recording of the BOCC Regular Session Meeting, visit the BOCC’s Web site.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 26, 2018. For more information about BOCC meetings, contact the Clerk to the Board's Office at 919-560-0025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.