BOCC Regular Session Highlights from May 29th
Durham, NC – The Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) met on Tuesday, May 29, 2018, in Regular Session. Highlights of the meeting include:
- The Board held a Closed Session at 5 p.m.
- Board Chair Wendy Jacobs called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- The Board approved the proposed Fiscal Year 2019 Planning Department Work Program as called for in the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the City and County. The agreement for the merged planning functions tasks the Planning Director with preparing and recommending a work program and an annual budget.
- County Commissioners approved a budget amendment to recognize $169,730 in Medicaid Cost Settlement Funds for increased Funding for Board of Health Smoking Rule Signage Installation and approved the Board of Health Smoking Rule Signage Installation Contract. The Board of Health Smoking Rule which includes e-cigarettes covers many public spaces such as parks, trails, sidewalks and bus stops.
- The Board approved Property Tax Releases and Refunds for April 2018. Releases and Refunds for 2018 total $15,644.63.
- County Commissioners held a public hearing to Review the Draft Sewer System Development Fee Analysis to comply with North Carolina House Bill 436 requiring local governments to utilize a financial or engineering professional to prepare a written analysis to calculate the fee. Once finalized, the Board of Commissioners will approve the final document for the rates as part of the FY 19 Budget process.
- Commissioners appointed members to the following boards:
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- Library Board of Trustees
- Alliance Behavioral Health
Board meetings are cablecast live on Durham Television Network (DTN) on Time Warner Cable Channel 8 or AT&T U-verse Channel 99. To view the agenda and recording of the BOCC’s Regular Session meeting, visit the BOCC’s Web site.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, June11, 2018. The Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the proposed 2018-19 Budget at that time. To view the agenda visit the BOCC’s Web site. For more information about BOCC meetings, contact the Clerk to the Board's Office at 919-560-0025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.