BOCC Regular Session Highlights from June 11th
Durham, NC – The Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) met on Monday, June 11, 2018, in Regular Session. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Chair Wendy Jacobs called the meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- Durham County was recently designated as a “Best Workplaces for Commuters” (BWC). BWC is a public-private partnership that recognizes employers for their efforts to reduce traffic congestion, emissions, pollution and stress on roads. The Board of Commissioners accepted the recognition.
- Durham County’s Engineering and Environmental Services Sedimentation and Erosion Control Program was designated as “2018 Local Program of the Year” by the State of North Carolina. Commissioners recognized staff for their exceptional work leading to this designation.
- The Board authorized the County Manager to enter into a contract with FESS Fire Protection to install a new fire alarm system at the Criminal Justice Resources Center in the amount of $89,512.
- County Commissioners authorized the County Manager to enter into an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Durham for support of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) Local Government Fellow.
- The Board approved the reallocation of $10,000 from the Social Services budget to the Durham Senior Center for Life for Adult Day Health Services.
- The Board of Commissioners held a Public Hearing on the proposed Fiscal Year 2018-2019 County Manager’s recommended budget. Speakers shared their thoughts about the proposed budget.
- Finally, Commissioners adjourned into Closed Session to discuss a personnel issue.
Board meetings are cablecast live on Durham Television Network (DTN) on Time Warner Cable Channel 8 or AT&T U-verse Channel 99. To view the agenda and recording of the BOCC’s Regular Session meeting, visit the BOCC’s Website.
The BOCC will have a Budget Work Session on Thursday, June 14, 2018, at 9 a.m. The next Regular Session meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 25, 2018. The Commissioners will approve the FY 2018-19 budget at that time. For more information about BOCC meetings, contact the Clerk to the Board's Office at 919-560-0025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.