BOCC Regular Session Highlights from October 8th
Durham, NC – The Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) met on Monday, October 8, 2018, in Regular Session. Highlights of the meeting include:
- The Board held a Closed Session at 5:30 p.m.
- Board Chair Wendy Jacobs called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- Durham County Commissioners approved a resolution honoring the Bouncing Bulldogs Jump Rope Team. Coach Ray Frederick Jr., and members of the team attended the meeting and received the resolution. For more than 30 years, this Jump Rope Team has gained an international reputation for success. The Bouncing Bulldogs will host a National Youth Conference later this month.
- The Board officially welcomed Dr. Anjni Joiner as the Durham County EMS System’s new Medical Director. She was appointed on September 1, 2018, following the departure of Dr. Susan Scheffler who left for a new position at Baylor University. Dr. Joiner also serves as an assistant professor in the Division of Emergency Medicine at Duke University.
- The Board heard an update on the progress of the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project as well as other important transit-related projects by GoTriangle officials. John Tallmadge, Interim Project Director, GoTriangle and Richard Major, Acting Director of Capital Development provided updates on several parts of the transit plan and responded to questions from the Commissioners.
Board meetings are cablecast live on Durham Television Network (DTN) on Time Warner Cable Channel 8 or AT&T U-verse Channel 99. To view the agenda and recording of the BOCC’s Regular Session meeting, visit the BOCC’s Website.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 22, 2018. For more information about BOCC meetings, contact the Clerk to the Board's Office at 919-560-0025 or email email@example.com.