BOCC to Hold July 13th Regular Session Virtually
Residents Can Access Video Live on Durham Television Network and Online
Durham, N.C. – Due to the ongoing social distancing restrictions in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Durham Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) will continue to hold its meetings virtually. The next Regular Session is Monday, July 13, 2020, at 7 p.m.
The virtual option, held via UberConference, aligns with social distancing requirements which ensures the safety of citizens who wish to participate, as well as board members and Durham County Government staff. Citizens who wish to view the BOCC meeting can watch it live on the Durham Television Network (DTN) live on Spectrum Channel 8. The meeting will also be streamed live on the County’s website and on the County’s YouTube channel. Replays are available on DTN, along with AT&T U-verse Channel 99, Google Fiber Channel 8 and Frontier Communications Channel 70.
During the meeting, there will be five public hearings in which residents can sign up in advance to provide their comments on:
- 20-0317 – Royals Extension Zoning Map Change (Z1900013)
- 20-0318 – Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendment, Neighborhood Protection Overlay Revision (TC1800010)
- 20-0319 – Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendment, Affordable Housing Dwelling Unit Definition (TC1900005)
- 20-0320 – Unified Development Ordinance Text Amendment, Omnibus Change 14 (TC1900006)
- 20-0327 – Revised Historic Properties Local Review Criteria
Residents wishing to speak during any of the five public hearings must sign up by emailing the Durham County Clerk to the Board at email@example.com no later than 2 p.m. on July 13. The call-in information for the Uber Conference meeting for those who have signed up is as follows:
- Conference Number – 919-504-9355
- Pin – 16967
The agenda for Monday’s BOCC meeting will be posted here when available.
Residents wishing to submit comments for agenda items or citizen comments should email the Clerk to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are required by 12 p.m. on Sunday, July 12.