2020 Meeting Dates
February 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
April 15, 2020
May 20, 2020
June 17, 2020
July 15, 2020
August 19, 2020
September 16, 2020
October 21, 2020
November 18, 2020
December 16, 2020
The Durham Cultural Advisory Board serves as an advisory body to the City of Durham’s City Council and City Manager, and the Board of County Commissioners and County Manager. Its functions include:
- Partnering with the City's General Services Department’s Art, Culture and Sustainable Communities Division and Durham County Engineering to advise the City and County regarding the implementation of the arts and cultural policy and to advocate for the arts in Durham;
- Promoting economic and workforce development through art and culture, including the recruitment and retention of cultural non-profit organizations and for-profit cultural businesses, as well as, developing cooperative projects with the Art, Culture and Sustainable Communities Division, Durham County Engineering, and other departments and agencies to engage cultural components that advance Durham’s goals;
- Advocating for cultural development;
Advising the City and County on funding for local arts and cultural organizations and facilities;
- Advocating for private funding along with federal, state, and county funding for Durham cultural organizations, programs and facilities; and
- Advising on the implementation of any public art program the City or County might establish and advise the City and County on matters relating to public art.
The Board consists of 15 members; thirteen members are appointed by the City Council, and two members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
*For full information about the Durham Cultural Advisory Board, please click here.
For more information on the Durham Cultural Advisory Board including minutes and other documents.
|Meeting Date and Time||Monthly, Third Wednesday at 3:00 p.m.|
General Services Department
2011 Fay Street
Durham, NC 27704