Durham County encourages the use of electric vehicles to reduce local air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. When charged in off-peak hours, electric vehicles result in fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline-powered vehicles. The County has 2 all-electric vehicles, which are used by Public Health and the Engineering and Environmental Services Department.
Both the City and County make it easier for residents and visitors to use electric vehicles by installing publicly accessible charging stations throughout the community. We encourage operators of electric vehicles to only charge vehicles in off-peak hours (usually overnight) to reduce the greenhouse gases produced from electricity generation.
- Durham County Courthouse Parking Deck - 510 S. Dillard (2 units each on street level and 3rd floor) (Not compatible with 2018 or 2019 Leafs)
- South Regional Library - 4505 S Alston Avenue (Not compatible with 2018 or 2019 Leafs)
- North Regional Library - 221 Milton Road (Not compatible with 2018 or 2019 Leafs)
- Durham County Human Services Complex - 400 E Main Street (Not compatible with 2018 or 2019 Leafs)
- Corcoran Street Parking Deck - 110 Corcoran Street, 4th floor
- Goldenbelt - 800 E Main Street (Backside of Building)
- Durham County Main Library - 300 N Roxboro Street (Note - These stations are closed while the library is under renovation).