Durham County encourages the use of electric vehicles to reduce local air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. When charged in off-peak hours, electric vehicles result in fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline-powered vehicles. The County has 2 all-electric vehicles, which are used by Public Health and the Engineering and Environmental Services Department.
Both the City and County make it easier for residents and visitors to use electric vehicles by installing publicly accessible charging stations throughout the community. We encourage operators of electric vehicles to only charge vehicles in off-peak hours (usually overnight) to reduce the greenhouse gases produced from electricity generation.
The stations listed below are available for free 24/7. Standard parking fees apply in the parking decks.
- Durham County Courthouse Parking Deck - 510 S. Dillard St., 1st and 3rd floors
- South Regional Library - 4505 S Alston Avenue
- North Regional Library - 221 Milton Road
- Durham County Human Services Complex - 400 E Main Street
- Durham County Main Library - 300 N Roxboro Street (Note - These stations will be available when the library reopens.)
- Corcoran Street Parking Deck - 110 Corcoran Street, 4th floor (This is owned by the City of Durham)
- Morgan Rigsbee Parking Deck - 105 W Morgan St, 1st and 2nd floors (This is owned by the City of Durham)