Please make your selection from the menu on the left.
● Donate Books to the Friends of the Durham Library - Donations are accepted every Tuesday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. between Sears and Catherines on the exterior of Northgate Mall located at 1058 W. Club Blvd. Volunteers are available to help unload your vehicle if needed. For questions, please call 919-560-7159 or email FODLdonations@gmail.com
● Give us your Needles - The Durham County Safe Syringe Program aims to keep you and our community safe. Pick up your free Naloxone Kits from the Pharmacy at the Durham County Human Services Building located at 414 E. Main Street between 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. If you have additional questions, please call 919-560-7632 or visit www.dcopublichealth.org/services/pharmacy
● My Brother’s Keeper (MBK) Durham Mini Grant Program Accepting Applications - The MBK Durham Mini Grant Program awards grants to local groups to provide support for youth focused grassroots initiatives to impact community change and is intended to provide support and engagement for boys and young men of color in Durham County. The goal is to support mentorship, creative discussion and activities by nonprofits and other community driven initiatives who will use their efforts toward helping our boys and young men of color many other milestones. More information and the mini grant application can be found at: www.mbkdurham.info
● 2019-2020 Durham Pre-Kindergarten Programs Now Enrolling - Your 4-year old child may be eligible to attend Durham County’s NCPre-K Program, Durham PreK and/or Durham Public Schools’ Pre-Kindergarten! For more information or to apply please do one of the following:
a. Call 919-314-6813 to set an appointment time between February 4 - May 16
b. Visit www.dpfc.net/our-work/ncpk
● Safe Haven for Online Sales - The Durham County Sheriff’s Office can provide you with a safe and secure location to complete online sales. Available during business hours or Monday - Friday 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Please call 919-560-0900 to schedule an appointment or we will meet you at the Courthouse Parking Lot on S. Roxboro Street and Pettigrew Street.
● Save The Date: Women’s Health Awareness 2019 - A Women’s Wellness Conference with FREE health screenings, education sessions, healthy living sessions and health resources will be held on Saturday, April 6th from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Mary Townes Science Building located at 1900 Concord St (NCCU Campus).
● We’re 150 Years Old, Y’all! As we celebrate the 150th anniversary of Durham throughout 2019, we’re honoring the changemakers who shaped Durham’s unique sense of place, and we’re rightfully touting Durham’s position in the future. Home to scholars, artists, and entrepreneurs, we’re accustomed to movement, creativity, and blazing new trails.
SAVE THE DATE, April 13, 2019 - Durham 150 opening celebration. Visit DURHAM150.ORG and look for announcements in January for more on how to get involved.
● Get Involved, it’s your County! Durham County Government has approximately 43 active advisory boards referred to as Boards and Commissions. Citizens of Durham County may volunteer to participate by applying for a vacancy. Interested citizens should fill out an application and send it to the Clerk to the Board’s Office. A description of the boards as well as a list of vacancies can be found on the County’s website at www.dconc.gov/government/departments-a-e/board-of-commissioner s/boards-and-commissions
● Alert Durham - Sign Up Today - Durham County wants to keep its citizens informed and safe in the case of an emergency. Sign up for Alert Durham to receive notifications about severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons, and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods. To sign up for Alert Durham, visit AlertDurham.com.