DCo Pay Plan
Durham County maintains a compensation plan to attract, reward and retain employees. Durham County, in addition, makes it a priority to ensure all full and part time employees receive compensation in accordance with our established living wage guidelines.
In an effort to promote government transparency and openness, Durham County's pay plan can be viewed here.
Durham County provides a competitive package of employee benefit programs that supports the County's recruitment and retention goals. The benefits available to our employees represent a significant component of their compensation package and is designed to meet the diverse and changing needs of our employees and their families. Here at Durham County, it will be easy to find a commitment to provide a healthy balance between working and personal life, and salary and benefits that are competitive to those around us.
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation: 88.92 to 193.96 hours per year (based on length of service)
- Sick Leave: 12 days earned each year with unlimited accumulation
- Holidays: 11 or 12 days per year
- Military Leave (up to 120 hours of paid leave in any calendar year)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (see health plan Summaries of Benefits and Coverages below)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Benefits
- Volunteer Service Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Employee Fitness Center
- On-site Employee Wellness Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- Membership to the Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU)
Click here to see our benefits at a glance.
Durham County Paid Holidays