Online Service to Obtain Certified Vital Records
Leaving Register of Deeds Website entering Third-Party Website
IMPORTANT - READ FIRST
The cost to obtain the certified copies will remain $10.00; however, additional charges are assessed for the convenience of online access and the ability to use a credit/debit card for payment.
Permitium (our service provider) offers:
• A notification of the receipt of the online application sent via automated emails, or optional text messaging.
• The ability to check the status of an order on the Register of Deeds website using the order number, email address and password (created during the ordering process).
• Enhanced security measures which will ensure a secure transaction, and help to protect citizens from ID theft.
Please note the information below:
• Requests will be managed on a first-come, first-serve basis
• Requests for information can be completed online, and will be processed (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm, except holidays)
• Any request submitted after 4:00pm will be processed and mailed the next business day.
• All requests will be reviewed and checked for accuracy. Any inaccurate information may result in your application not being processed.
• All communication with regard to your order, payment, status, and delivery will be sent via email or text messages.
It is also important to remember that not answering the Identity Verification questions at the end of the application process can result in a denial of your request.
Please direct any questions to the Register of Deeds Office (Vital Records) at (919)560-0480
• Voter Registration Copies and Adoptions Copies cannot be obtained through this service.
• Voter Registration Vital Records Copies must be obtained in person.
• Adoption Vital Records Copies must be obtained at the State Vital Records Office
225 N. McDowell Street
Raleigh, NC 27699