Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
How to File a Commendation

The Durham County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing high-quality, professional service to every member of the community. If you feel that a member of the DCSO exceeded this standard in serving or assisting you, the DCSO would like to hear from you.

You may file a commendation in person, by correspondence, telephone or e-mail. Any member of the DCSO can take the commendation and will forward same to the member's supervisor and the Sheriff.