DSS Child Care has moved to:
The Health and Human Services Building
414 East Main St
Durham NC 27701
Contact: Candice Leathers
Child Care Services Program Manager
The mission of DSS Child Care is to assist families living in Durham County with information and access to child care services.
How do i get on the waiting list?
Contact (919) 560-8300
To find out where you are on the waiting list Click Here (Include your name and the name of children)
Where are we located?
Information can be obtained at 414 East Main St, Durham, NC 27703 from 7:30 AM-5:30 PM Monday-Friday. Call (919) 560-8300 to inquire about funding and service availability.
Who do we provide service to?
Low income families with children between ages 0-12 who meet income guidelines, live in Durham County, and are employed or in school.
Additionally, the following are considered priority groups and may be eligible.
- The child is in Protective services or in Foster care
- Work First recipients and need child care in order to pursue employment
- The family resides in a homeless shelter
- Parent/guardian is in a substance abuse treatment program
DSS Child Care providers looking for assistance?
DSS Child Care Providers Support Services
Tel (919) 560-8091 Fax (919) 560-8100
Additional Provider related information can be found Here
- Durham's Partnership for Children
- Child Care Facility Search
- North Carolina Division of Child Development
- Child Care Services Association
- Head Start - Chapel Hill Training and Outreach Project