Select your area of interest from the menu under Ag Economic (left sidebar)
Staff Contact: Mike Dupree
DURHAM COUNTY AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GRANT PROGRAM
The Durham County Board of County Commissioners has approved an Agricultural Economic Development Grant Program and has allocated $50,000 for this fiscal year. The program purpose is to offer cost share grants to assist farmers along with promoting Agriculture Development and Outdoor Environmental Learning Centers in schools.
The County has a successful economic development plan that offers cash incentives to businesses that create jobs in the community. This incentive programs mimics the same outcome but is directed to support farms, new and beginning entrepreneurs and to support agriculture education in schools.
This program will provide two types of grants:
- Small grants for Agriculture Development in schools: Up to $1,000.00
- Grants for farmers: Up to $10,000.00
Training events will be offered to assist interested applicants with the application process. Extra points will be awarded to anyone that attends one of the training's below:
1) Wednesday, July 10th 8:00 am-9:00 am
2) Thursday, July 18 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
3) Tuesday, July 23 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
- Please R.S.V.P to Lisa Marochak (Lmarochak@dconc.gov or 919-560-0558) if you are planning to attend one of the training's.
Application Deadline: August 30th at 5:00 pm
Notification: Award recipients will be notified by letter by September 15, 2019.
- If awarded you must attend a future training before implementation.