Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Services provided to Veterans:

Disability Benefits – Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation is paid to veterans who are disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service. Non Service Connected Pension is for wartime veterans with limited income and are not employable.

Dependent and Survivor Benefits – For spouses who have not remarried and children under 18 or disabled. Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) may be paid if the service member died on active duty or as a result of service-related disabilities. Death Pensions, Bereavement Counseling, Educational Assistance, VA Medical Care, and VA Home Loan Guaranty.

Hospital and Medical Care – Medical care from VA facilities, outpatient medical treatment, dental pharmacy and prosthetic care, care from nursing homes, domiciliary and home health care organizations. Recently discharged combat veterans discharged from active duty on or after January 28, 2003 are eligible for enhanced enrollment placement for 5 years after discharge.

Burial Benefits – Headstones and markers for graves, burial flags, burial expenses reimbursement and Presidential Memorial Certificates. Application for Headstone or Marker

Education and Training – Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP), Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance, Federal Employment and On-the-Job Training benefits.

Vocational Rehabilitation – Assistance for service-connected veterans to receive special retraining in order to obtain and maintain suitable employment (may include costs of training, monthly living expenses, counseling, and related medical/dental treatments). Get more information here

Home Loans – Assistance with obtaining a certificate of eligibility for a VA-guaranteed loan to build, repair or improve a home (including special grants for adapting homes to accommodate special needs), and/or refinance an existing home loan. Request for a Certificate of Eligibility Home Loans Eligibility

North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs – provides scholarships for children of certain deceased, disabled or POW/MIA veterans. State benefits also include hunting and fishing licenses, special auto license plates, and other special programs.

Other Services:
•Assistance in obtaining military records from the National Personnel Records Center

By mail: Standard Form SF 180


•Assistance in obtaining official documents from the Register of Deeds